Friday, March 27, 2015

PanPastel Poppies


Hey everyone!  I've been a crafting, artsy little bee lately.  With contracts up, and yes that made me sad, my super supportive husband encouraged me to take some classes.  I jumped full into the PanPastel Classes that Donna Downey offers online.  I have had the best time, and it has actually awakened something in me to try new things and be even bolder.  I'm still making cards.  In fact, I have  a couple to share with you, that I will post over the weekend.  

So, let me show you what I've made!  There are several classes to take, and I'm currently on the last class, PanPastel 203.  This first ones are introductions to PanPastels, and can I just say that I am VERY in love with my PanPastels now.  I've learned some great new techniques, and I don't want to stop creating. 

These pieces of art of from PanPastel 202 'Poppies'.  The final project was to be done on canvas, and once I did it I couldn't stop there.  I did three total pieces for the class.  This one is an 11 x 14 canvas.

I feel a bit vulnerable sharing these with you, as it is me to the core.  I drew them, I painted them, they are mine.  I know they aren't perfect, but sharing the art is part of the process for me.  


This piece measures 18 x 24, and was the first one I did for the assignment.  I don't even know what made me do it on a canvas that was so big. . .probably because it's all I had.  I will say that I seriously loved every bit of the process.


My husband has been so encouraging about hanging them up on our fairly empty walls.  It's encouraged me to purchase more canvas.


 This final piece measures the same as the red poppy.  It gave me the most challenge, but helped me grow.  I know I have a lot more to learn, but practice can only make one better, right?


I really do hope that I've inspired you to try some new things.  I don't think I consider myself an artist. . .it may take a few more canvases to get me thinking like that.  I do know that this art has been very healing.  I can't explain it, but I know that God has worked on me during this time.

Thanks for stopping in to see what I've made!  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me:  cassandratrask@yahoo.com

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pieces of art! Love that red poppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, these are drop jaw gorgeous!! So glad you are enjoying the creative process. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These canvases are gorgeous! You could sell them they look so professional!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)