Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Unsuccessful attempt at making Coffee Scented Embossing Powder


Last weekend was Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire, and I had total plans to play along all weekend.  Unfortunately, I was unable to play along with everyone else, because the weekend before our plans got foiled by the weather.  That was my daughter's 12th birthday, and we had plans to head up to Atlanta, go to Six Flags, spend the night, and wake up and head to the water park.  It rained all that weekend, so we changed our plans to this last weekend.  The things we do for our babies ;)  

So I didn't get to play along with everyone else, but that is okay with me.  My kids will only be living in our house for a few more short years and they may not want to hang out with me for every one of their bithdays, so I will take what I can when I can!  I did, however, still want to play along with the PTI fun.  One of the things they did was create their own scented embossing powders.  I decided to make some coffee scented embossing powder, and my first attempt was not so successful.  I'll show you my second attempt tomorrow and tell you what I did differently.

Stamps:  Latte Love
Ink:  Craft White, PTI Ocean Tides, Memento Espresso Truffle, Versamark, PTI Simply Chartreuse, SU Melon Mambo, PTI Lemon Tart
Paper:  pink cs, PTI Rustic White, various dp
Accessories:  white embossing powder, PTI Simply Chartreuse twill ribbon, coffee scented embossing powder, aqua paint brush

I attempted to watercolor on the PTI Rustic White cardstock, but as you can see it was a bit unsuccessful.  Granted, I was trying to go out of the lines a bit, but that just looks messy and not what I was going for.  Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)