Saturday, August 24, 2013

Forget the Cake


Happy Saturday morning friends!  I'm playing some tennis right now and then we are headed to Six Flags to celebrate my daughter's birthday!  We were supposed to do this last weekend for her actual birthday, but the weather was super crumby.  I thought it was fitting to show you this birthday card that I had made for my time on the Dirty Dozen for Splitcoaststampers.  That adorable image is from The Cat's Pajamas and it's called Forget About the Cake.  

I watercolored him on some Papertrey Ink Rustic White cardstock. . .not traditional I know, but it worked, and used a Martha Stewart punch to get the dripping icing effect.  The papers are from Studio Calico.

Hopefully the weather cooperates today and we'll be screaming our brains out on some crazy rides.  Wish me luck :D

1 comment:

  1. This is sooooooo cute! How clever to use that punch for your icing! Looks fabulous. Great card! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)