Thursday, May 23, 2013

Paper Crafts Gallery Idol 2013


I'm throwing my hat in the ring to this year's Paper Crafts Gallery Idol.  I think I did last year too, but I don't remember.  I had some time to make something for the theme, which is birthday cards for kids/teens.  I chose the teen side, because that is what I seem to be surrounded by these days ;)

I created my background by inking up my craft mat and dabbing my paper into it.  I just love the look it creates!  The stars are wood veneer dabbed with some liquid pearls, and the sentiment comes from Taylored Expressions Oh Snap set.  

My son doesn't know it, but it may end up being his card this year.  His birthday is Monday, and we will be traveling all weekend.  I've been so crazy busy with our standardized testing and other various activities that the card he really wanted me to make, may not happen.  I'm still hopeful that I'll have some time today, but I'm not holding my breath.  He'll be 13 on Monday, and I'm a wreck about it.

Stamps:  TE Oh Snap
Ink:  Distress Faded Jeans & Broken China, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  watercolor, Neenah Solar White
Accessories:  water mister, Tabs Nestabilities, washi tape, Wood Veneer Stars from Studio Calico foam tape, buttercream Liquid Pearls

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)