Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Testing is OVER!


We finished our standardized testing, so I wanted to make a card for each of the kids telling how proud I am of them.  I don't have worries about either one, but that testing can be stressful.  As many of you know, my son is a highly impaired Dyslexic so any kind of reading or testing is extremely difficult.  Math certainly has it's challenges too.  While he struggled on those, I watched him basically ace other parts of the test.


I made them each a special card using the super adorable set called Cutie Pi from There She Goes Stamps.  I actually felt like I 'needed' this set as soon as I saw it, haha.  I know, sick, but it's perfect for so much really. . .I couldn't resist!  These cards were made with the current TSG challenge going on, which is a circle challenge.  While I didn't go crazy with circles, my 'I think UR brilliant' circles are very dominant on my cards.

Stamps:  Cutie Pi
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  May 12 TE KI Kit
Accessories:  Copics (I should have taken a picture. . .there were a lot!), Circle Nesties, foam tape, ribbon from the May 12 TE KI Kit, clear glaze

The kids loved the cards and told me they felt so special to get them, which melted my heart.  I think the two of them and my husband really are my biggest fans in this.  If I only made cards for them, it would be so worth the kuddos.

Thanks for stopping in!

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! How lucky that you found out your son was dyslexic so young. So many don't figure it out until they are much older. And how lucky he is that you can homeschool him and give him the attention he needs. What a blessed family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so darling!!! LOVE 'EM!! And congrats to your kids too! Bella will have her first experience will standardized tests next year and I'm just dreading it. Hopefully her "focus" issues will improve over the summer and into next year. *fingers crossed*

    Have a stress-free, test-free day!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)