Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Grammarly Grammar Checker Product Review

I was approached recently about a being willing to review a grammar checker called Grammarly Grammar.  I assume it had something to do with the title of my blog, but since I rarely discuss home schooling I was a bit confused.  My first response was that they had the wrong blog, but after further consideration I agreed to give it a try.  My next response was that my grammar was probably close to perfect, so I was going to have the last laugh.  

'What is Grammarly Grammar?' you might be asking yourself.  According to the home page:


Grammarly is an automated proofreader and your personal grammar coach. Check your writing for grammar, punctuation, style and much more.

If you care about grammar, which I do, you'll really like this grammar checker.  For starters, you copy and paste or even upload what you'd like checked and select from 6 different papers types.  Your choices are General, Business, Academic, Technical, Creative, and Casual.  You can also choose whether you'd like the Plagiarism Detection on or off.  I went ahead and had the first paragraph of this post checked under the General setting, and found that I had one critical writing issue.

This is an example of what you might see.

The report covered such things as Contextual Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, and Style and Word Choice.  In order to access the advanced editing features, you would need to create an account.  You can sign up for a free 7 day trial, which means you have nothing to lose by trying it.

I'm excited about the prospect of having this grammar checker at my fingertips.  It will give me confidence in my writing, and possibly even encourage me to broaden my writing style.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)