Friday, January 6, 2012

Clearly Inspired Challenge #43


A new year gives us some new challenges for the Clearly Inspired Challenges over at Clearly iStamp!  If you played last month, be sure to check out the blog to see if you're one of the winners.

Our first challenge of the new year is a Valentine's Day challenge.  Let's see what you come up with for this fun occasion!  

I am actually showing you a card that I made last year that didn't get much exposure, because it was lumped in with a bunch of VSN challenges over at Splitcoaststampers.  I actually pride myself on having something new and done for each of the CICs, but alas I have been so down with this head cold that nothing is coming out of the 'craft cave' right now.  I haven't felt this terrible in goodness knows how long!  Regardless, since I'm not even eligible for the prize, I thought I would at least show you something inspiring.  I made this using my cricut, and the 1John 1:6-7 stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps.  I think that verse is one of the perfect verses for a Valentine.  Since love comes from God, it makes it that much more special :)

I love the vintage feel of this card with the lace, buttons, and crocheting. It reminds me of an old time Valentine that we used to make when we were kids. . .with doilies and construction paper.

Stamps:  1 John 1:6-7
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Photo distress ink
Paper:  vanilla, textured Ridinghood Red
Accessories:  buttons, brown thread, crocheted flower, hat pin, lace, Victoria embossing folder

Thanks for stopping in today.  I definitely have things you'll want to see starting tomorrow, so be sure to come back.  CDS is starting their new releases!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Valentine!! Love the sentiment too! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOOWEE Cassie this is GORGEOUS, LOVE the design absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)