Monday, November 28, 2011

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge


I had a bit of time over the holiday to make a card for the SPARKS challenge over at Paper Smooches.  It's always an inspiration piece, and I took the colors and ran with those:  light blue, kiwi green, tan, white, and gray.  I used the darling new set that Kim has revamped (it was originally a Cornish Heritage Farms set).  It's called Forest Whimsy.  Eeeee, it's so darn cute!


As you can see from a closer look at his flowing beard, I used some White Liquid Pearls.  After painted up his beard, I swirled it around a bit using a paper piercing tool.  I love the look!

Stamps:  Forest Whimsy
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  CDS Worn Parchment, CDS Cottonball White, EP Summer Fun dp
Accessories:  Copics, White Liquid Pearls, White Liquid Applique, Frest Cut Grass Die-namics (MFT), teal buttons, Green Baker's Twine, foam tape

Thanks for stopping in today!

9 comments:

  1. AMAZING card, Cassie!!! LOVE how you did the beard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, seriously... that beard is GENIUS!! Great card, Cassie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW! His beard looks amazing! Such an awesome job! Thanks for playing along with the SPARKS Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!! This is Wonderful! I love how you made his beard in is stinkin FANTASTIC!!! I do love this stamp set, too! Great work all around..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beard is deff great work - good idea for making swirls, I will have to try that!

    Visiting from Paper Smooches
    Please stop by and say hello!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful card! Love the coloring, paper piecing and liquid pearls on the gnome =) Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie, adorable beard! Great use of the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That beard is incredible, Cassie! I love the simple layout of this card, too. Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait to get this set:) LOVE his beard! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)