Monday, March 7, 2011

Cross Messages Die

I have to say, I sure had fun making this card.  This uses some fun techniques that I haven't used in forever.  I really love the look of an easel card, so I decided to combine that with these new sets and die from Clear Dollar Stamps.  The die is called Cross Messages Die, and the sets that coordinate are Cross Messages and Cross Messages Additions.  I used the die to cut out the cross background.  Using Wild Ginger ink and clear embossing powder, I reverse embossed the cross stamp onto the die cut cross.

I made this for the anything goes challenge over at Craft Your Passion.
Stamps:  Cross Messages, Cross Messages Additions
Ink:  Wild Ginger (CDS), SU Elegant Eggplant, SU Not Quite Navy, Hot Cocoa (CDS)
Paper:  buttercream (TE), Crate Paper Restoration
Accessories:  Cross Messages Die, clear embossing powder, prima flowers, green ribbon, sponge

4 comments:

  1. Love this background, it is really eye-catching! Thanks for playing at Craft Your Passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Cassie!! I just love your papers, colors and design. Stunning way to frame the cross and sentiment.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, Cassie! Are you feeling better from the migraine? I hope you found its cause and a way to help it go away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome!

    love the way you set the cross on the wonderful background-papers!

    especially the flowers look fabby!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)