Saturday, January 22, 2011

Love is in the Air -- A night of VSN fun!

Warning:  this is a long post with 6 projects. . .

Last night had a clear calender, which was perfect because last night was a Virtual Stamp Night over at Splitcoaststampers.  I have participated in these before, and I just love them.  Not because there are potential prizes for playing, but because I just LOVE challenges!  Maybe it has something to do with how competitive I am. . .hmmmm. . .food for thought.

Last night's VSN was a mini one, because the big one is coming up next month.  Every hour on the hour there is a new challenge, and last night gave us 6 to work with.  Here are all of the results:

#1 -- Punch Your Heart Out
We were challenged to follow the sketch give, use punches, and follow a color challenge.  Quite a challenge for the first one!  I used a set from There She Goes called Everyday Greetings for my sentiment.  The flower is made completely from punches :)
 Stamps:  Everyday Greetings (TSG)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ridinghood Red (SU)
Paper:  Cottonball White (CDS), unknown red, Ridinghood Red, Regal Rose, & Kiwi Kiss dp (SU)
Accessories:  Scallop Circle Punch, Circle Punches, Heart Punch, Scalloped Edge Punch (all SU), Red Velvet Cake glitter dots (CDS), Kiwi Kiss ribbon (SU)

#2 -- What Shape is Your Heart
We were challenged to make a heart shape card that reflects the shape of our heart, and not the actual shape.  The shape of my heart has been transforming lately as I try harder to love people around me that may seem hard to love at times (does that sound harsh?).  I ended up using a Clear Dollar Stamps set called Church Chatter.  I ended up falling in love with this card, because the heart looks a bit vintage and shabby after some distressing.  Life (as for all of us) occasionally brings heartache. . .hence the shabby tattered heart, but God can repair that heartache if we let Him.
Stamps:  Church Chatter (CDS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tea Dye & Black Soot distress inks
Paper:  Cottonball White & Pucker Up (CDS)
Accessories:  SCAL & my Cricut (to cut the heart shape), Victoria embossing folder, sponges, lace, crocheted flower (my friend Leah), twine, buttons

#3 -- Light Up Your Life
This challenge was to make a Luminaria.  I had never made one before, so I was thrilled to get to try one.  I love it!  I used a Clear Dollar Stamps set called Peace for the Journey, because it seemed so fitting.
Stamps:  Peace for the Journey (CDS)
Ink:  Wild Huckleberry (CDS)
Paper:  Wild Huckleberry (CDS), vellum, buttercream, My Mind's Eye dp
Accessories:  crocheted flower, button, Oval Nestabilities, Tabs & Tags Die (CDS)

#4 -- Paper-piece Your Heart Out
The challenge was to paper-piece at least 2 things on your card.  I love paper piecing!  I used this adorable Cuppie set called Love is Sweet from Taylored Expressions.

 Stamps:  Love is Sweet (TE)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Cherry Go Round (CDS), Cottonball White (CDS), BG Sugar Rush
Accessories:  Copics & air brush, Oval Nestabilities, MS Loop Punch, white ribbon, Maya Road heart stick pin, heart punch (SU), white gel pen, dew drops, dimensionals, rhinestone brads

#5 -- Two Hearts Beat as One
The challenge was to use an entwined image.  I used a set called Monkey Love from Clear Dollar Stamps, where the little monkey's tails are entwined.
 Stamps:  Monkey Love (CDS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  TE Jan KI Kit
Accessories:  TE Jan KI Kit, organdy swirl ribbon, oval punch, Circle Nestabilities, Copics & air brush, Atyou Spica pen

#6 -- Slimming Down
The last challenge was a limited supplies challenge along with a motivational stamp.  We had to use kraft CS, no more than 2 layers of CS, and any embellishments we wanted.  I chose to use Psalm 37:3-5 from Clear Dollar Stamps, because that scripture is very motivating to me.  If I trust in the Lord, He will give me the desires of my heart.  Some of the time the desires of my heart start out as one thing, but He will transform them to be something else.  I love that about God. . .if we trust Him, He will make me want whatever His will is!
Stamps:  Psalm 37:3-5 (CDS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  SU dp, kraft, vanilla
Accessories:  Copics, Red Sparkly Fluff, chipboard heart, Corner Chomper, Sweet Cheeks ribbon (CDS)

Thanks for sticking with me through this long post.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :D

6 comments:

  1. You have really outdone yourself this time girlfriend! outstanding! :)gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous cards Cassie. How fun to have a night to do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOWEEE What a GREAT post Cassie and GORGEOUS inspiration here girl!! These are all just FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Cassie...all 6 of your cards are just FABULOUS!!! I am so impressed that you got them all done and each one has such pretty colors, stamps, and details...way to go, gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are wonderful. I participated in the SCS challenge for the first time. It was a lot of fun!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALL are fabulous!! Your layouts are the best! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)