Saturday, August 1, 2009

Clear Dollar Stamps Weekend Color Challenge

It's 7:30 in the morning, but I've already been up over an hour on a Saturday morning no less. That and I didn't go to bed because I chatted on Yahoo with my husband until 2 a.m. My allergies have woken me up and there is no hope as of now for laying my head back on my pillow. So what is a girl to do. . .make a card!

The Clear Dollar Stamps Weekend Color Challenge is going on over at Papercraft Planet, and the incredibly talented Lisa is our hostess. She has once again, chosen some challenging colors. I guess they don't call it a color challenge for nothing {lol}. Her colors for all of us are Sage Shadow, Regal Rose, More Mustard, an optional Copper, and a neutral white.

As you can tell my card doesn't have much of the Regal Rose in it. No, I chose to focus more on the optional copper. I used a copper pen and some copper cord, and I like how it turned out. My dp from Basic Grey Lemonade has some of the rose color in it, but not much. I chose to use one of the August new releases for my image, and it comes from the set Under the Sea.
Stamps: Under the Sea (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Whisper White, More Mustard, Basic Grey Lemonade
Accessories: copper pen, copper cord, paper piercer, More Mustard & Sage Shadow markers

Grab your CDS stamps, head on over, and try your hand at the challenge. We'd love to see what you've got up your sleeve ;D

9 comments:

  1. Very cute card! I really like how you used the copper color and cord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Cassie, the copper is such a great touch! Glad you got to "talk" with your hubby;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the color challenge! I'm glad I wasn't the only one that it was a struggle for!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go Cassie. I would never have thought of focusing on the copper. Oh I love the sea horse in copper. Very nice. It goes very well with the DP. Sorry about your allergies keeping you up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Cassie. Love your focus on the copper color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cassie you picked the perfect dp and image for this challenge. It took me forever to find some dp that matched. Great job..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I left a little something for you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your seahorse!! So cute Cassie!! Love the copper color and the cording you added!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, what a warm color combo! loving that copper addition too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)