Monday, April 6, 2009

It's My Birthday!

Today has been one of the best birthdays!  It's been a great day for me to reflect on just how amazing my family and friends really are!  Jim has been in the field again since yesterday, and that's not really a big deal.  A birthday is just a day, right? 

 Well, it started off that my kids surprised me with breakfast in bed.  That included some toast, a fruit roll-up and milk. . .the breakfast of champions!  Then as I was about to leave for a brunch date with my Pastor's wife (her birthday is tomorrow), 2 wonderful friends showed up at my door with tulips, cards, candy, and a photo album!  When I got to the brunch I was surprised yet again that all of my wonderful friends from church were there to surprise me.  I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't stop crying.  I just can't stop beaming about how wonderful all of my friends and family are.  It's only 1p.m. and already, it's been the best day.  

On that note, I decided to make a friend card for the Color Throwdown.  It's an ongoing joke with some of my military friends to 'get your big girl panties on and deal with it,' so I thought this was fitting.  My friends make me laugh when you just want to cry.  They make me realize that when things are put into perspective I am an incredibly blessed woman.  Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of friends whether they are here in my town or on my computer!!
Stamps:  Granny Support System (Our Craft Lounge)
Ink:  Basic Black, Pixie Pink
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Shimmer White
Accessories:  felt orange flower ribbon, Top Note Bigz die, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, and Pixie Pink markers, Stampin' Dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sounds like you have had a great day already! Enjoy!!!
    Super cute card, those panties made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Cassie!! So glad you are having such a great one:) Your blooms are on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I like you use of the color throwdown challenge! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sounds like you're having a FABulous day! :D

    Your card is too funny! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Cassie! Isn't it great when people think of you? Sounds like you have some great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, and sounds like it's very fitting for your circle of friends! Glad you had a happy birthday! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY,CASSIE!!

    I wish i could also send you a mail on time!
    you are blessed with awonderful family n friends.
    your children n friends really made your day!
    wishing you a long life filled with happiness,health and peace.
    by the way,what is your email id?
    my birthday falls on 11th april,saturday.
    MAY GOD BLESS YOU!
    LOVE N PRAYERS,
    ANU

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, is this cute or WHAT? Off to check out these stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)