Friday, March 27, 2009

Out Like a Lamb Challenge

The challenge today over at Splitcoaststampers was a Limited Supply Challenge.  It wasn't that you had to use a lamb, but I wanted to because I love this little lamb from Clear Dollar Stamps.  The challenge was to only use the colors black and white.  I made this card for my husband because he often refers to himself as 'the black sheep' at work.  He uses the term endearingly and wears that title with pride. . . I love my man.  
Stamps:  Little Lamb, Thoughtful Notes (CD Stamps)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stazon Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Rockabilly DSP
Accessories:  Scallop Edge Punch, Slit Punch, White Taffeta ribbon, wire, polyshrink, heat tool
Copics:  W-1, W-3, W-5, BV-29
I had a lot of fun making this card, because I decided to use Polyshrink, or shrinky dinks as we used to call them when I was a kid.    It brought back a lot of memories.  I've also discovered that I need to get the Scallop Square Nestabilities, because I am not good at working that scallop edge punch into a square (as you can tell).  

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great card! Love that little sheep too and I think I know to what you are referring to as being the "black sheep". Aren't you glad we are? HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, Cassie! Your polyshrink lamb turned out GREAT...that stuff is so much fun, I need to pull mine out and get to work! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love anything b&w, and the little lamb charm is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)