Thursday, January 29, 2009

I may be trying to break a record. . .

No, seriously, I'm obviously having fun posting today.  It's a miracle that I have time to post anything with school going on, but one of the kids is doing Math and the other is practicing piano.  I seem to have found some time simply because they are occupied with things that can be done on their own.  Never mind the fact that my floor needs to be vacuumed or that I need to fix my hair before I go grocery shopping. . .lol.  I love my hectic life and wouldn't trade it for anything :D  
This first card is a card I made for a dear friend that is having a baby.  We just found out and are so thrilled for them!  I made the different background dots with my various circle punches and Tangerine Tango paper.  The main color is Appricot Appeal.  I stamped the giraffe in Appricot Appeal onto the Whisper White paper.  I feebly attempted to sew on the card, and as much as I enjoy the little sewing machine I wish I had room to p
ut out my big sewing machine. . .sigh.  I punched a couple of small holes around the giraffes neck and tied some brown thread around him.  I sponged some Baja Breeze on the outside of the Whisper White, and voila!
Stamps:  Wild About You (SU)
Ink:  Appricot Appeal, Baja Breeze
Paper:  Appricot Appeal, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss DSP
Accessories:  sponge, sewing machine, Chit Chat rub-ons, circle punches, 
Baja Breeze ribbon, Oval Nestabilities

This next card was made just for fun (as they are ALL made for fun)!  I am really enjoying using this stamp set Christi gave me.  It is fairly self expanatory if you have seen any of my other posts using this set.  
Stamps:  Butterfly Wings (CD Stamps)
Ink:  Rose Red, Ballet Blue, Green Galore, Basic Grey
Paper:  Ballet Blue, Green Galore, Basic Grey, Rose Red, Whisper White
Accessories:  Rose Red brads, oval cutter, circle cutter, Circle Scallop Nestabilities, 
2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Stampin' Dimensionals, glue dots, sponge, 
circles embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide which one I like better. They are both awesome. Great job! Love the giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cute baby card. Great non-traditional (not blue or pink) baby colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)