Monday, November 3, 2008

A Birthday Gift


There is actually a funny story attached to this birthday gift for a friend of my daughter's. I asked my daughter before we made this how to spell her friends name. She assured me that this was the correct spelling. My husband told me to call her parents to make sure, but I trusted that my daughter would know how to spell her friends name. Well, here is the finished project. Unfortunately at church the next day we discovered that this was not the correct spelling. Lol, I should have listened to my husband, but it was an easy fix. Thankfully we had another gift to go along with this one so the birthday girl did have something to unwrap. I took the box home, took off the buttons and letters, recovered it and reassembled it to have the correct spelling. She ended up liking the gift. To make it, we just used a wooden box we found at Joann's fabrics.

Stamps: none
Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive (both so put on the edges of the wood)
Paper: Rose Red, Bashful Blue, Junior Varsity DSP
Accessories: buttons, twine, Cricut Doodletype

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)