Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Striped Wipe & a Silhouette

I made this for today's Ways To Use It (WT184) Silhouettes, on Splitcoaststampers. I don't really have any silhouette stamp sets, but I figured I would do my best. I pulled out the set Lovely As a Tree, but wanted to do something a bit different with it. As it turns out, Splitcoaststampers did a tutorial last night on the Striped Wipe. Combining the two, this is what I came up with.

I did not have a baby wipe, as the tutorial suggests, so I came up with something else. I used a damp paper towel and got the same results. I really like how it turned out. I freehanded the outside edge, and used a rub-on and the build-a-brad.

Stamps: Lovely As a Tree
Ink: Pacific Point refill, Baja Breeze refill, Basic Black
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point DSP, Glossy
Accessories: Build-a-Brad, rub-on

1 comment:

  1. That is soooo beautiful!! what a great winter welcome card!!! i love the technique with the wipe - it really makes the scene seem so real and "winter-y". Love the build a brad - Beautiful card!!! best wishes from Iowa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)