Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Purse Scrapbook

I have been wanting to do one of these ever since I saw it on Jan Tink's website, which really has some amazing stuff on there. Anyway, I always seem to need a purpose to actually make 3-D art, so I chose to use my mother-in-law's birthdays as the excuse to make this.
I did have a lot of fun making this, and it really was quite simple, even though it may look a bit difficult. Using 2 square Chocolate envelopes from the Carousel Notes and a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock that measures 6" x 6 3/16", the body of the purse is made.

I wanted my colors to match the colors of the Autumn Vine DSP, so I had to make my own inserts for the pockets. I liked the look of the circles as well, so I did not scallop the edges.






The inside pocket is an envelope that I covered with some of the DSP after I ran it through the Cuttlebug on the embossing template D'vine Swirl. Inside the pocket I included a gift card.

Stamps: Season of Friendship, Cute & Curly
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, More Mustard, Really Rust
Cardstock: Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, More Mustard, Whisper White, Autumn Vine DSP
Accessories: Circle Cutters, Carousel Notes envelopes, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Chocolate Chip ribbon, More Mustard ribbon, hemp, Curly Label punch, Round Tab punch, Photo Corners punch, Pewter Jumbo eyelets, Hodgepodge, Crop-a-dile, Chocolate Chip marker, White gel pen, A Perfect Day rub-ons, Flower Fusion 2, Rhinestone brads, Earth Elements buttons, small bit of velcro to close the purse

I know it's a lot, but if you have questions, just ask :)

3 comments:

  1. I came across your blog from split coast. That is beautiful! You did a great job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness!!! How amazingly beautiful did this project turn out!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scrapbook is awesome!!! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)