Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Late Night Card

I had planned to be in bed when I made this card, even though it was a bit early for me. For me to be in bed by 10:30 p.m. any night of the week is a bit odd. Try as I may, I just can't get to sleep that early. But since my husband needed to be in bed, I figured I'd be a good wife and watch television with him. Fortunately for me he got a phone call, so I took the opportunity to play. I pulled out this set, which I at first wasn't that excited about, but over time have grown to really like.

I stamped the image on white cardstock and then used the exacto knife to cut out the windows. I stamped the pumpkin on a different piece of cardstock and watercolored both images. I hand cut (as if you couldn't tell) the drapes, and put them on the pumpkin image. After I adheared all of the background paper, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to put the window image on the card. I really like how it turned out.

Stamps: Window Dressing
Ink: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Elegant Eggplant, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Hawaii Papaya DSP
Accessories: exacto knife, Stampin' Dimensionals, silver brads, Chit Chat rub-ons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)