Thursday, September 4, 2008

Finally some time. . .

I have not been feeling that well lately. My neck has really been bothering me since I sneezed last week. Don't laugh. . .it's true. I'm feeling a bit better, but my neck is still bothering me. It's probably the residuals of some past injury rearing it's ugly head, but I'll just keep driving on.

I've been wanting to participate in a few of the challenges that have been on Splitcoaststampers, and I finally got the opportunity today. This first one is a technique challenge called black magic. Now nevermind the fact that the colors I chose to work together are pretty hideous. Just focus on the fact that I did the technique.

To do this technique I used baby oil. I understand that you can use some other medium, but all I had was some baby oil. First I stamped the image in white on black cardstock. After letting it dry, I dipped my colored pencils in the baby oil in order to get the smooth creamy look that the colored pencils gave. The technique itself is fun, but my card, however is not.

Stamps: Just Flying By
Ink: White craft ink, Basic Black
Cardstock: Basic Black, Pacific Point, Lovely Lilac, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Watercolor pencils, Tangerine Tango ribbon, distresser, baby oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)